Tuesday 14 October 2014

The Power to Connect

This month in 3B we are working hard on connecting what we are reading to our lives. This will help us to become better readers because when your brain is connecting to what you are reading it will be easier to understand, and retell what you are reading.

 I have been modeling making connections all week with the students. I choose a book that I connect to and show the students what my brain is doing while I read. This includes me making connections to the text, pictures, characters, feelings and emotions. The students then respond with their own connections. Since we are all so different in 3B and make are own connections the students choose books from book bins of books I have collected from the library.




To visualize how many connections we are making the students write down each time they make a connection and I add it to our "connection train."






This week we are going to start sharing are connections which will allow us to make text-to-text connections.

No comments:

Post a Comment